Sonntag, 3. Mai 2015

Planting the seed

Namaste,

A lot of things happen in the last couple of weeks. I´ve got a house now, much bigger than expected instead of 3-4 small rooms, there are 8 good sized rooms now :) So I had to fit my ideas little bit to the house and place. When I arrived I was dreaming of building up geodomes (spherical houses build up from a wooden triangle structure) now I don´t have too much space around here where domes could be build. Still I planning to set up at least one of these magic bubbles as a trial and use it as a greenhouse. And a lot more small things, but on the other hand it´s great here, so many possibilities...

After the very basic fixing was done (we had to replace some parts of the roof and we got some new stairs) a friend arrived and we moved in. It is very nice to fill this place with life. There was still a lot of rain and some days had too much of winter, but luckily an indian friend came around jumped on the wet roof managed to fix the tandoripipe, and seconds after there was a burning oven in one of the rooms. No problem. Instead of working on the house and in the garden we filled the days with macramé and woodworking. It´s just fascinating what masterpieces the nature around is creating. In one room there was stored oak- and peach wood for burning it, but every single piece was so beautiful it felt like burning art to heat up chai.

carving session 

The indians kept telling me the weather will change soon and it gonna stay nice and sunny. It was an important point because the house was still wet inside (parts of the roof broke down cause of the snow in winter) and we couldn´t start with clay, concrete and colors.
Cleaning Dishes in the beginning, there was no water from the tab but enough rain

paniconnection. Franziska put a lot of stones and big crystalpices for the fairys

mixing the clay with cowshit :-)
Since two weeks now the weather is blessing us and the days keep getting warmer and warmer.

And suddenly there was a lot of work to do. You just get out and have a lot of things in mind what you could work on now. Now this place has running water and electricity most of the time, the holes and cracks in the rooms are filled with clay. It´s just great fun to play around with clay. The only thing is we have to bring it in buckets 20 minutes up the mountain. Quite okay if you want to make some flowerpots, animals or chillums ;-) but for the house we had to walk a few times. Actually the quality of the clay is good enough to create some nice and useful things, without cleaning it too much. Perfect. Next thing to get is a potter's wheel (Töpferscheibe) and somebody who knows how to handle it.
Great fun 

The neighbors invited me for a beer brewing session; an Indian friend gave us some land around to grow some vegetables and salad. Somehow everything what I asked for is there, in a different way than I expected... but doesn´t matter at all :)

An indian friend is making pancakes on our induction stove between to tracks 
There are some Germans living around, seems somehow they are everywhere in remote mountain areas :) (The place in the French mountains where I stayed in the past, was already a German valley ;-)
It´s actually quite nice. She have a lot of experience about gardening, wild plants and their properties, how to handle the indian laws and all these things. And it´s much easier to talk with a "foreigner" about these stuff, most easy in your own language. She brought as some self made pear jam when we moved in the house, it tasted like sweet sweet pears, dust of fairies and some whispering dreams of summer. <3

It´s just beautiful to wake up having a chai in the morning sun with the mountains in the back and singing birds all over. In the evenings we have some flight shows. I couldn't believe it, and I still hardly can but we have kinds of flying squirrels living in the big oak trees in front of our house. Hard to see them they hiding pretty well, but when the spread their "wings" and jump it´s ... stunning ^^

Tandoriroom. Nice session to open a new room and fill it with live

I started to work in the garden recently,  I was digging the fields and was very happy to find some potatoes from last year. There was some flower roots looked pretty much the same but smaller and little brighter. In the evening I prepared our dinner and wanted to use some of the potatoes, one looked like a potato but I wasn´t sure, so I checked it by cutting a small piece, put it on my tongue and within seconds it started to burn like hell. Cleaned my mouth with running water, soibeanoil and more water but it didn´t stopped to burn. I called some locals and they told me it´s not really bad, it will go after 2-3 days. Next day they´ve been laughing about me... haha eating the snake potato.... ^^ jaja funny story. As far as I know now it was a piece of the root of "Arum maculatum" (ger.: Aronstab)
Now I´m much more careful with eating plants around, and double check by asking the locals and my plantbook ;-)
First thing he got when he arrived - a beauty session with haircare and coconutoil 

And a small dog, not anymore a puppy but nearly, moved in with us as well. He´s a son of Kali and named Merlin. Sometimes he is bored with us just working and running around, and he is leaving back to his family two villages down.

<3

At all it´s a great place and a great time. Sure everything is going its own way and there also some sad and exhausting moments but I´m really happy to be here and to enjoy it.
It´s still a lot of work to do, actually there gonna be all the time a lot of things to do ;-) and some days the daily work like cooking and cleaning, watering the garden, washing cloth and yourself keeps you busy enough. It would be a great gift to find some more people who want to share and help. So if you have some friends around in this area... let them know.


and here some more picutres not fitting in the text :-)

Some friends already around. Ramaji running Boom Shankar restaurant in Pulga
Hima, Ramas sister. I didn't managed till now to take a picture while she was not working. And I realy tried. Full Power.


Shankar, Dady of them. He is the owner of the house I rent. Ninjastyle :-)


Eveningview from our balcony. Tulga village our neighbors on the other side of the small valley. 


Next opportunity - use the upper house as a yogasharla

Last sun on the mountains behind the house. 



So far. |
Its already some days back that I wrote and uploaded this pictures but the network over there is so slow that I freak out frequently ^^ So it took me a while and a lot of things happend again in between.

had to protect my garden against cows. They just seem to hate my "german gardening" xD

Franziska left to meditation and where ever the road will take her.

No effects from the earthquake in Nepal here.

I`m right now in Delhi to buy some tools, deco, color and lights. Hope to be back in the mountains very soon. It`s to crowded and to hot here. \\

hope to be able to upload some more storys and pictures soon. 

2 Kommentare:

  1. My friend here in Portugal has no landline and is using 2-way SAT services. Maybe this is an option for you .... see -> (for ex. http://www.satsig.net/ivsat-asia.htm)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Take care of kali and kids for me :)

    AntwortenLöschen